Wednesday, May 12, 2021

ANNA BEY on THE NEW USE OF AN OLD TERM : GOLD DIGGER

The video was taken down from YouTube by Bey so....  I will just leave up my commentary!  Missy
********************************************************************************

In other videos Anna explains that she is a feminist and wants to see women treated better as well as honored for their contributions to life.

How do I feel about women paying for men on dates?

I think the person who asks someone on a date should make all the arrangements and pay for everything, based on what they can honestly afford. In other words men, don't dare ask a woman, pick a restaurant, get there, and then tell her she is paying.  If you are a woman who asks a man out, ditto.

I also feel we need to understand that dating is dating.  It's not necessarily a relationship. Lots of people date a lot.  You can date a lot and not be sleeping around.  You can just be meeting people, some of whom you may want as friends. Dating might lead to a relationship.  A relationship may require some honest assessment of what is affordable to all involved.

If a man has little to no money to date, he can still find affordable (free or inexpensive) things to do.

My friends who had more money than the men they were dating and pulled their wallets out early on, found themselves married to men who had the expectation of being supported.  More than one of them spent most of his time on the sofa.  

Missy

UPDATE HERE:  I was going through my archives this morning and was reminded that in April 2010, I did a month on PEGGY HOPKINS JOYCE, much based on a book about her called GOLD DIGGER.

You can find that month in my archives or search for her name.

PEGGY HOPKINS JOYCE
Spendthrifty Gold Digger Who Ended Up With One of the World's Largest Diamonds

Since the title of the book is Gold Digger, I used it correctly, yet I do wonder now, based on what Anna has to say, if Peggy really was just after the money. or if she too suffered for this term.

No comments: