Sunday, June 16, 2019

CAROLE MALLORY ON A REASSESSMENT OF HER RELATIONSHIP WITH NORMAN MAILER

"Still, I was being foolish to live in the now and not look to the future.  How Norman had treated his ex wives was an indication of how he would treat me when it ended.  But I was so into my obsession with him that I was wearing blinders on my heart.  I loved him and knew that to keep him in my life I could not put pressure on him.  He need a long leash, like a wild animal. Wild he was and a part of me loved the excitement so much that I made few demands of him.  He would have a temper tantrum when confronted by my financial needs.  In the beginning of our relationship I learned to do without any support from him.  I couldn't risk being thought of as a former wife pulling on him financially.  After all I wasn't a former wife.  I was only his new lover.  (Page 101)

Moss Rose

How many Mistresses are proud that they are NOT HIS WIFE?!  I think MOST!  Missy

No comments: