Tuesday, June 4, 2019

CAROLE MALLORY - HER FEELINGS EARLY IN HER DAYS AS MISTRESS TO NORMAN MAILER

"No, Norman would not divorce; never the less,I was grateful that he gave a part of his life to me and that I had a portion of has love. If five hours a week were all he could afford to share with me, I would cherish those hours. I would accept these as being all the time a man who had six wives, nine children, an agent, a lawyer, a secretary, several publishers and grandchildren, was physically able to share with me.  Norman Mailer had a hectic, dramatic, and chaotic lifestyle that he thrived on.  I felt respect for him.  I was especially grateful that he was healthy, reasonably healthy. ... "Page 41)

Moss Rose

Carole Mallory about the early start of her nine years as a mistress to literary genius Norman Mailer from her memoir Loving Mailer.

No comments: