Saturday, July 26, 2014

"OUR FRIENDSHIP HAD ALREADY BEEN BROKEN AS A CUP SHATTERS ON THE SIDEWALK"

CHAPTER :  "A NEW BEGINNING"

(UNNAMED WOMAN went to New York from Nijniy Novgorod at the age of 22.  Her friend Marina, who'd been raped on a beach by a stranger and had an abortion, had gone to New York before her.  Marina, who she had been friends with for 18 of her 22 years, just told her life was wonderful. She promised to find her a good job and place to live.  The good job was that of a stripper.)

Page 109 - 110 

"Later on, Marina, who was supposed to be my friend, demanded payment for my housing and food,.  She started fights and conflict.  She betrayed me.  I found out that the entire time she lived in the apartment she had never paid rent and that she had put the lease in my name.  The landlord demanded the rent from me.  The whole thing cost me $4000.  I started to dance at the club since there was no other choice. Later, I discovered that she got a commission for bringing me in on this job.

Then Marina disappeared... Our friendship had already been broken as a cup shatters on the sidewalk.

When I first decided to try dancing it was not as simple as you might think.  I had to undress down to my underwear and let dirty sweaty-handed men put dollar bills in my panties.   They did so with excited expressions on their faces as if they were giving me one-hundred-dollar bills.  The first time, I was the only one on the stage.  I was as thin as a stick, and unable to move right.  I was paralyzed with fear... Later, I learned how to move and become a bitch..."

No comments: