Wednesday, November 30, 2022

HOW ARE WE ALL DOING?

Hello My Readers!

As I look back on this year of blogging, I want to thank my readers for encouraging me and giving me reason to continue, for though I never write for hits, and am sometimes surprised at what topics turn out to be of most interest so far to you, I suppose I'd be a bit down if I thought no one was interested with my grand project here. 

Through these years of creating Mistress Manifesto BlogSpot, we have all been through our changes. Writing and researching this blog has certainly informed me and helped me understand Alternative Lifestyles and to be much less judging of those who indulge in them than I once was.  I thought one, life-long monogamous marriage was the only way to live for a long long time. That's how I was raised, though I did and still do think a woman is better off not being involved at all than in a relationship in which the partners are incompatible or there is abuse.  

I, and this blog stand for Choice. I do hope my readers will make truthful assessments of themselves and their relationships, ask themselves what it is they really want in this time and place, and also have relationships based on honesty. Perhaps while reading about other's lives we can come to terms with our own needs and desires. We can compare ourselves to the Belle Epoch Courtesans or the people who've had the experience of being Kept.

If you are new to this blog take a look in PAGES for the long list of topics and where you can find them in my archives. UPDATED GUIDE TO ARCHIVES : MISTRESS MANIFESTO BLOGSPOT TOPICS BY MONTH!

Someone once told me that it takes a person of some sophistication to find this valuable.

In the past year I've met a few women who live in a pre-feminist mentality and lifestyle, which I suppose works for them, but who are condemning of anyone who is not married with children.  These women have no idea I'm the person behind Mistress Manifesto BlogSpot and there was no reason to tell them, so I just listened as they talked about "the kind of people' who have no children. I thought they were ignorant really, and perhaps did not even know they were lucky to so easily have children and afford them! There is nothing wrong with being unmarried or without a partner either.  I want you to know that I think that way.

I thought about the women I've known in my life who married for the right reasons and had traditional expectations yet had affairs while married.  I thought about the few couples I've met who made it to 50 or more years of marriage and do seem to have great love. There are a wide range of options when it comes to lifestyle though, at least here in America and the West, where independence is admired.

Wishing You All The Best,

Missy





No comments: