Wednesday, October 6, 2021

THE BARONESS SYBILLE DE SELYS LONGCHAMPS SPEAKS

FLANDERS NEWS :ALBERT WANTED TO GO AND LIVE IN THE UK  From September 2013.  A good picture of Sybille too.

Note that a Baroness in Great Britain is referred to as Lady. This article, in French, will be EXCERPTED by me in English. The baroness also heard the conditions for any possible divorce.  Albert would have to give up his rights in the line of succession and share his grant with Paola.  The baroness would also be banned from seeing Albert's children.  

"When I read this I understood he was getting divorced because of me.  It would never have worked.  I didn't want responsibility for destabilizing the crown.  The fate of the country was more important than my fate."

The article goes on to say that the King's brother signed the divorce papers so he did not stop it.  It was she who decided not to go forward.  She also says the Catholic Church was involved in the King and Queen's marriage.

No comments: