Sunday, November 15, 2020

APRIL KIRKWOOD SAYS "I WAS HIS OFFICIAL EYE CANDY FOR SURE"

CLASSIC BANDS : APRIL KIRKWOOD INTERVIEW WITH GARY JAMES

This is an extensive interview and article in which April handles some tough questions such as if she was a groupie.


EXCERPTS: 

Q - Your romance with Frankie Vallie began when you were 16?

A- This would be the only flaw in Mr. Valli's character.  He knew me since I was six or seven.  I loved him.  He would pick me up and carry me.  My parents made velvet jackets with banners and hats...   16 ... By then I had my driver's license.  I did not have any sexual feelings for him at all. I go in the back room and of course he lets me in and the hat is there and he walks up to me and he says nothing.  He untangles my necklaces...

Q: He could've been in a lot of trouble.  Did you tell your mother?

A : No. I didn't tell.

***

Q- Who was paying your way on the road?

A - He did.

Q- Did you have an official function with him, say secretary?

A - No.  I was just his official eye candy I'm sure.  You have to remember, I was raised on an actual little chicken farm.  My parents were divorced.  I don't have this Italian daddy.  I get in this world and I;m traveling in this bus.  People, when  you get out, they ask you for your autograph because you're with them.  It was very hard for me to go back and be a normal teenager.

(April went on a summer tour with Frankie Valli but didn't quit high school.)
7 Apple Images Clip Art! - The Graphics Fairy


No comments: