Wednesday, June 10, 2020

LIDA BAAROVA on THE HELL OF JOSEPH GOBBELS

TELEGRAPH : GOEBBEL'S SCREEN GODDESS DIES by Louise Potterton, 

Excerpt: "I've torn up all my pictures of us.  Thanks to him I fell into the depths of hell," she said.  Friends said the two had enjoyed a passionate relationship, although the former actress prevaricated until the last: "Yes, Goebbels fell in love with me but I didn't love him.    .... "I was afraid of him and what he would do because I kept turning down his offers, although he always behaved charmingly and was always very nice to me.  I remember he once gave me aq gold brace.et for Christmas.  Hitler made a huge fuss about it.  He called Goebbels in and told him to drop me and return to his wife and children.  I couldn't take the pressure and I returned to Prague.  Goebbels never tried to contact me again."

Note:  What is not known by me is how much Lida revised her Goebbel's story as the years went by. 

No comments: