Friday, September 3, 2010

SUSIE and JANE and JERRY (from JERRY WIENTRAUB's WHEN I STOP TALKING YOU'LL KNOW I'M DEAD

Reading Concert Promoter - Movie Producer JERRY WEINTRAUB'S memoir and towards the back of the book he tells about his wife Jane (Morgan) the singer, his mistress (our word not his) Susie, and him... an open relationship... one in which their friends and family have been notified to accept it... Here is what Jerry himself has to say in the chapter called A RIDE IN THE HILLS...

"The simple fact is, Jane no longer wanted my life. She didn't want to go to parties, didn't want to have sex with me. Not interested. Good. She needs what she needs and I need what I need, which is to be with somebody who wants to be involved in every part of my life: Mentally, emotionally, sexually. Warren Beatty, lothario of lotharios, once asked me the secret. "How did you make it work, Jerry? How do you pull it off?"

"Well the answer is, I didn't. Jane and Susie did. I have a life with Susie and I love Susie, but I'm still with Jane, too. I see her all the time, and we're on the phone constantly. I will be there whenever she needs me. Otherwise, I am off, in my own life. I think this works only because Jane had such a successful career...I have been with Jane for forty-eight years. I'm one of the ancients now. But I am still here, which means I am still living, still changing."

Jerry Weintraub's memoir is called IF I STOP TALKING YOU'LL KNOW I'M DEAD.

No comments: