Thursday, October 18, 2012

SCOTT THORSON FROM BEHIND THE CANDELABRA : GAY COMMUNITY STANDARDS?

page 107)
After a year together Lee (Liberace) told Scott to invest the money that he was being paid and he bought a tract house -1400 square feet - 6 rooms - in Vegas.  Lee helped him make the down payment in exchange for 1/3rd the mortgage.

page 108)
"Lee exercised complete control over my life.  He told me what to wear, where to go, who to see once I got there."

page 109)
"Although Lee didn't raise the salary I reported to the IRS, he was always giving me cash, a thousand or more a week."

page 18)
"In the gay community they say "First you sell it (most young gay men have older lovers who act as mentors), then you give it away (with a sexual partner your own age), and then you buy it (by having a younger lover)."

No comments: