Thursday, August 24, 2017

AT THE FUNERAL WIFE AND MISTRESS WERE THERE

Excerpts and Notes from Patricia Gucci's memoir "In The Name of Gucci."

When Aldo, his first wife Olwen Price, a woman of English heritage, and their three sons, Giorgio, Paolo, and Roberto were at the funeral, as were Patricia and her mother.  Patricia was now 26 years old and pregnant with her second child.

"Eager to pay tribute to my mother, he'd penned his own obituary to be issued upon his death.  Aldo Gucci, he wrote, left behind his wife, Bruna Palombo, and his companion, Olwen Price." (4)

According to Patricia the reversal of the truth was intentional but the New York Times caught the error and printed, "Mr. Gucci is survived by his wife, the former Olwen Price, and three sons," not mentioning Patricia and Bruna at all. (4)

In 2009 when Patricia visited her mother in Rome, where Bruna was living out her life, Bruna gave her a gift of all the love letters Aldo had written to her and telegrams he had sent to her in the early passion of their romance circa 1958-1961, when Patricia had been conceived. (8)

NOTE June 2022

I'm not infallible but I do try to read any books or other materials I reference cover to cover, take notes, and choose excerpts and detail my reportage correctly.  I'm aware that on some of my select subjects there are other books or other media that might say something different.  So, if there is anyone out there who thinks something I've posted is incorrect, please send a link to your reference so I can read it too and evaluate it.

Please read my comments policy.  I do not ever publish on the world wide web anyone's e-mail address or personal contact information.

Thanks!

Missy

No comments: