Saturday, April 8, 2017

HOLLY MADISON on LIFE AS A GIRLFRIEND of HUGH HEFNER at the PLAYBOY MANSION : DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE

EXCERPTS/ NOTES from
DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE  Curious Adventures and Cautionary Tales of a Former Playboy Bunny  by Holly Madison

Pages 66 and 68 and 72:

"Inside the mansion, life wasn't at all like what I dreamed it would be.  Instead of a nightly slumber party with six of your best friends, I had entered the lions den.  It gave a whole new meaning to the phrase, "keep your enemies close" and made a sorority house look like Bible Study.

...  He ( Hugh Hefner) decided he wasn't going to make any more of his girlfriends Playmates, but he never told that to anyone. He dangled the possibility of Playmate-hood in order to keep the girl's interested. The more aggressive girlfriends would take whatever measures necessary to secure a centerfold, even ruthlessly throwing another girl under the bus, if that meant she would gain favor with him.

Prior to moving into the mansion, I'd been a fairly confident person  but it didn't take long for my self-worth to start to crumble.  After being identified by the other girlfriends as persona non grata, I had become the victim of their ruthless "mean - girl-ing."  .... According to their ruthless taunting I was the "hick girl" from Nowheresville, USA.  They found my optimistic attitude corny and my confidence threatening so they did whatever they could to tear me down.  Sadly, I have to say it worked...

... I was so constantly on edge that I eventually developed a stammer

Notes from Missy

Throughout the book, Hugh Hefner is characterized as a manipulator who likes it that the women are fighting over him and so with each other. 

No comments: