Wednesday, September 30, 2015

MISTRESS MANIFESTO? MISTRESSES! YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A SCHOLAR TO COME TO AN OPINION! COMMENTARY BY MISSY

As my regular readers know, after I'm inspired to cover a mistress, I try to read around her before making a final decision on dedicating a month to her.  Then, because I'm interested in her, I hope what I write about her will interest my readers.

From the posted and unposted commentary that I got when I covered two of the women who openly made claim's in his lifetime to be the wife of rock star - poet Jim Morrison of The Doors, I feared that readers were mistaking MISTRESS MANIFESTO BLOGSPOT as being a Jim Morrison fan site, which it is not.  I had to remind people that the topic of this blog is mistresses, and the unconventional relationships and arrangements some people find themselves in.  Readers seemed to feel that if only I read more, or the book they recommended, then I would change my position, and perhaps not think that Morrison enjoyed pitting women against each other.  Covering a book written by yet another woman Morrison was in a long term relationship with convinced me that he was not one to be married to any one woman.

Clearly a controversial issue, and one of my most popular months here based on the hits, but one I took my stand on after dedicating many weeks over many months to reading around the subject, I had to wonder if some people thought my aim was to be a Jim Morrison and the Doors scholar.

But you know, you don't have to be a scholar, or read every book ever published (or talk to every person who claims to be in the know) to form an opinion.  Sometimes the opinion still comes from innate understanding, empathy, a gut feeling, or even a psychic knowing, about a person or a situation. 

I'm just being practical when I prefer the memoirs of the person themselves.  I know that the person has given a lot of themselves by writing the memoir, and even if they live past it and become an entirely different person, a memoir is a brave act.


Missy


No comments: