Saturday, March 7, 2015

GINGER FINDS OUT ELVIS IS PAYING LINDA'S RENT - BOOK EXCERPT from ELVIS and GINGER

From the book ELVIS and GINGER by Ginger Alden

EXCERPT FROM PAGES 182-183

"That's okay.  You can say it in front of Ginger and Rosemary," Elvis said.  Looking slightly uncomfortable, Joe (Esposito) repeated "Linda called and was wondering if you're going to pay the rent on her apartment in Los Angeles."

I was completely taken aback.  Elvis had been paying Linda's rent?  Why? And for how long?  Elvis was watching me closely,. as he did sometimes, studying my face for a reaction, but I tried not to let my surprise and concern show.

Elvis looked at Joe and shook his head no. Looking back at me he said, "It's not fair to you."  Joe walked away.

"Well Elvis, it wouldn't be right," I said, remembering that Elvis had asked me to commit myself 100% to him, and feeling like he should do the same for me.

Elvis kept his eyes on my face.  "I bought Linda a house not long ago to put some distance between us," he said.

Had Linda lived at Graceland full time until them?  I wondered, but didn't ask, I was too busy trying to absorb this new twist."

No comments: