Wednesday, March 18, 2015

ELVIS' GIVES GINGER EXPENSIVE PRESENTS AND SETS UP A BANK ACCOUNT FOR HER - from ELVIS and GINGER

According the book, ELVIS and GINGER, (besides the diamond engagement ring and promises to pay off her mother's house mortgage and install a swimming pool in that yard)  Elvis Presley gave Ginger Alden...

page 206 ) An all diamond TLC (Tender Loving Care) necklace specially made for her.

page 248) A vacation trip to Hawaii in which some of her own family, some of Elvis' employees, and Elvis's doctor Nick and his family are all also paid for and brought along.

page 252) A redecorated dressing area near the bedroom they share in colors Ginger preferred, which eliminates further evidence of his old mistress Linda Thompson and Linda's hot pink carpeting.  (When Ginger moved in Linda's clothes, photographs, and so on were still in evidence.)

page 252) Gave her one of his own jewelry boxes made of inlaid copper and brass to start storing the jewelry he gives her.

page 255) Joe Esposito warned her not to admire anything when they go shopping because Elvis will buy whatever it is without concern for how much it costs.

page 255) A newish car that he had first given his father Vernon, who didn't like the car. 

page 255) "Leading me into the dressing area of his bathroom, he gave me the most singular piece of jewelry I'd ever seen, his own large, ram's head necklace in gold inlaid with diamonds and emeralds. "Always wear it with something black, he instructed."

255) "It was around this time that Elvis decided that I should have a bank account.  He put Vernon (Elvis' father) in charge of opening one for me.  Elvis put $5000 into the account and I received a credit card.  I had made a little money from working at the dress shop, but I was awestruck. This amount of money might have seemed small to some, but to me it was, quite literally, a fortune.  I had never even owned personal checks or a credit card!"

No comments: