Sunday, May 25, 2014

DECLARATION FOR MISTESSES - Neatness

"I will not allow myself to look SHABBY!  I care for my appearance and presentation."


If I'm going to dye my hair then I will never have roots showing.  If I'm going to polish my nails, then it must be perfect or removed.  Ripped jeans? - Do I really want to look like an old Rock Star or a teenager trying too hard to attract men?  What do my purse and shoes look like?"


Wondering why I put all these fashion foibles in one Declaration?  I've been looking at how beautifully groomed Hollywood starlets used to be in the 1950's and early 1960's - the Mods.  I've been noticing how really shabby some people are allowing themselves to be with roots showing, chipped nail polish, saggy-assed ripped up jeans, run down shoes, messed up purses, wrinkled clothes that looked like someone slept in them for a week.  We used to iron for hours!

Very few (and only) young women - like before college graduation - look good in the artfully ripped  jeans - it's dated!  I've seen women trying to be provocative by wearing red or black tights under them or ripping their short shorts to show tattoos.

It's just tacky!

Purses? Clean out that purse at least once a week so you can find things in it. Throw away old tissues and paper. Take run down shoes and purses in for repair or replace them.  You're better off carrying a new neat paper bag than a shabby purse!

I'm saying, you can sweat, and you can be active, and you don't have to afford a designer wardrobe,  but make sure you aren't making excuses for being lazy about your appearance and presentation.

C 2014 Mistress Manifesto BlogSpot

No comments: