Sunday, April 22, 2012

LOVING JOHN : MAY PANG - A CHINESE AMERICAN MISTRESS TO JOHN LENNON AS ARRANGED BY HIS JAPANESE WIFE


page 74-76  MAY PANG on JOHN LENNON, YOKO ONO, and herself...

"During my workdays, from the time John and I became involved, I tried to avoid being in the same room with both John and Yoko. I was successful for nearly two weeks, until, for the first time since my affair with John had begun, the three of us wound up together in the living room. I felt very uncomfortable. I sneaked a look at John, but his head was averted. Yoko, however, seemed quite at ease. She looked at me with a rather merry smile and began to giggle. John looked at Yoko and also began to laugh. I didn't feel like laughing at all...

"John was in the middle of a strange situation: His wife and mistress were coexisting, for the most part, under the same roof. the way he chose to deal with the strangeness was to ignore it. Yoko, on the other hand, seemed to enjoy watching and attempting to supervise the situation. I knew that it was a tradition in Japan for wives of the upper class to understand the need of their husbands to have a mistress. In Japan often the wife and mistress were friends. I was not a Japanese mistress, however, and the arrangement did make me uncomfortable and embarrassed."

C May Pang and Literary Adventures Association 1983
Paperback - Warner Communications Company

No comments: